Prout Ranger 27ft

If your Prout is for sale or you are looking to buy one then this is the forum for you

Moderators: klaus53123, classicone, Brad, moderators

ecmgardner

Prout Ranger 27ft

Post by ecmgardner »

Catalpha is a very early (1964) Prout Ranger. She is in good condition and we have extensively upgraded her since purchasing her in 2009. (New cooker (never been used), gas locker and gas pipework (all recently certified) new 12v electrics including light fittings, new seacocks and sea toilet (again never been used), new pressurised water system and new water tanks.) She has a 25HP outboard, 4 berths in 3 cabins. (Main cabin has a memory foam mattress). Some cosmetic finishing to do such as hanging curtains.

Job relocation combined with the practicality of sailing with two toddlers forces a reluctant sale.

Pre-purchase survey from before we bought her in 2009 available, or purchaser is welcome to commission their own.

She has an honourable mention and photgraph of her in "Catamarans in close up" Patrick Boyd 1972 where she was owned by the rather spectacularly named Group-Captain Mike Thunder. Under his pilotage she competed in the 1968 and 1969 Crystal Trophy. She is also the same type of vessel as Jim Andrews wrote about in his book “Twelve Ships a Sailing”.

Asking price: £15,000

Lying Bembridge, Isle of Wight until end of March, then Fishbourne, Isle of Wight.
IMG_0306.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG (181.95 KiB) Viewed 82576 times
ecmgardner

Re: Prout Ranger 27ft

Post by ecmgardner »

Catalpha is still for sale but has rather tragically has simply being sitting unused and unloved. We are unable to use her and she is now lying ashore on Hayling Island.

She now needs quite a bit of work to bring her back up the standard she was at when we had to relocate for work just over a year ago.

We have decided to utterly slash the asking price to £5k but are open to offers on this as we simply feel she needs a good home.
garter

Post by garter »

Hi. Is this boat still for sale?
Sirjhp

Post by Sirjhp »

Is this catamaran still for sale.?Where can I see it?Do you have any pictures of it on land and as she is now?
Sirjhp

Post by Sirjhp »

I forgot to ask:
Is she made of fiberglass?What engine is on/in her?How are the sails?Useable?
Tonycorner

Post by Tonycorner »

Well, what a small world it is.

I have recently purchased Catalpha and have been scouring the web for any original pictures of the interior of the Prout ranger 27, with a mind to tastefully restore her.

Well, you can imagine my surprise in finding out so much about her.

Parick Boyd's book "catamarans in closeup" I've found a copy and it's due to be delivered next week, oh Christmas is early this year.

So much enjoyable work to be done and so many Prout questions