quest 31 schematic drawings? mfr rigging specs

Discuss all things about Prouts

Moderators: klaus53123, classicone, Brad, moderators

jvolpehoo

quest 31 schematic drawings? mfr rigging specs

Post by jvolpehoo »

does anyone have manufacturer specs for the quest 31 or construction drawings? If not, how do you tune your rigging? I acquired a '78 last year and want to open and inspect the water tight compartments as well as plan for running power to the bow - schematic drawings would be really helpful. thanks
jvolpehoo
Paulfrench

Re: quest 31 schematic drawings? mfr rigging specs

Post by Paulfrench »

Hi I've got an 84 quest, owned since 1986, just totally refitted mine, i also put a new installed a new rig with an extra metre on mast height, I can help you with tuning....I don't have maunfucters specs but I'm sure I can help, let me know?..
classicone

Post by classicone »

I also have a Quest 31 and can try to help. I don't have factory plans but have intimate knowledge of my Quest.
jvolpehoo

Post by jvolpehoo »

Paulfrench wrote:Hi I've got an 84 quest, owned since 1986, just totally refitted mine, i also put a new installed a new rig with an extra metre on mast height, I can help you with tuning....I don't have maunfucters specs but I'm sure I can help, let me know?..
I bought a '78 quest with twin headstays. My rigger wants to go to a single in order to mount a furler. does anyone have orginal specs for the single headstay?
jvolpehoo
jvolpehoo

Post by jvolpehoo »

classicone wrote:I also have a Quest 31 and can try to help. I don't have factory plans but have intimate knowledge of my Quest.
I bought a '78 quest with twin headstays. My rigger wants to go to a single in order to mount a furler. does anyone have orginal specs for the single headstay?
jvolpehoo
classicone

Post by classicone »

Just measured my roller furling headstay. It is 7mm, all of the rest of the standing rigging is 6mm. My Quest is hull 65 and came from factory with sss spar....which from everything I can gather, is no longer in business. My mid mast aft swept stays are anchored inboard next to my aft facing ports. I have seen numerous Quest 31 with these stay anchored on outboard cabin sides. Hope this helps.
Terry