outboards on a snowgoose.

Discuss all things about Prouts

Moderators: klaus53123, classicone, Brad, moderators

rbrentp

outboards on a snowgoose.

Post by rbrentp »

I am trying to lighten a Snowgoose 35. It has a pair of Yamaha 25 4 strokes. They are two short and cavitate tooooo much. I am thinking of a pair of Hondas. Either the 10s or the fifteens. Either goes 13 cm deeper in the water. I believe the boat was originally powered by an 18 HP diesel with leg. SO are two tens sufficient or would the 15s be better?
All wisdom appreciated.
Stray Cat

Re: outboards on a snowgoose.

Post by Stray Cat »

Hi,

We have a single Yamaha 25 HP high trust O/B on our 1972 Snow Goose. It is a standard 20" long shaft mounted on the nacelle and has power tilt. We don't suffer from any cavitation issues. After we overhauled it we can cruise at 6 knots with ease and push 8 knots plus in calm conditions flat out. Fuel consumption is well under a gallon per hour. The only draw back is that when tilted up the "hump" in the middle is rather high. Hope to eventually modify the set up to lower the "hump".

Can send you photos if you need any.

Cliff
kwilbanks99

Post by kwilbanks99 »

rbrentp

Could you possibly post a picture of how you have your twin outboards mounted? I have considered doing the same on my Escale.
Thanks
sandpiper921

Post by sandpiper921 »

I have a 1980 31' Quest and would love to see any photos of outboards. I built a sled for a Yamaha 9.9 high-thrust, extra long shaft but still occasionally have some cavitation. Would like to put in the nacelle. Advice would be more than welcome. Thanks...clyde sandpiper921@yahoo.com