?snowgoose hydraulic steering?

Discuss all things about Prouts

Moderators: klaus53123, classicone, Brad, moderators

Heidilynn

?snowgoose hydraulic steering?

Post by Heidilynn »

I am looking for ANY information on the hydraulic steering system for my 1982 Snowgoose. A manual, a parts list, parts supplier, or manufacturer would be most helpful. Thanks for any leads.

dennis
classicone

Re: ?snowgoose hydraulic steering?

Post by classicone »

Hello,
All of my parts lists and manuals are back on the boat in FL, and I'm in Maine at the moment. Do you know if the steering is a Hynautics unit?
Terry
Heidilynn

Post by Heidilynn »

Thank you for your kind reply. Sorry for delay but I am in a boatyard with no wifi nor cell.

YES it is Hynautics.

Thanks again

Dennis
captfolly

Post by captfolly »

hey Dennis,

we have done a good bit of repair on our hynautic hydraulic steering on our 1984 snowgoose "Grace". We sent our helm unit for rebuild after it leaked fluid badly when bringing her from boston to charleston. If it is hynautic, Capt. Charlie Walker's company can deal with it. His website has just about everything you may want or need to know about the hynautic system....we cleaned and serviced our system after having the helm rebuilt and have had no problems after over 3 years and 10,000 miles of use...here is the link to Capt Charlie's website: http://boaterstore.com/hynautics/hynautic1.html. Hope this helps a bit.

Fair Winds,

George
s/v Grace
presently in Green Cove Springs, Fl
Heidilynn

Post by Heidilynn »

Good evening George,

Thank you for your helpful reply. The web site looks most helpful! Fortunetly my steering system seems fine but it is the only system I have no manual nor information on - so the link you sent will certainly be of great assistance to fill that gap. I see you are at Green Cove Springs - I have spent some time there with a previous boat - great DIY community. I might head that way when I come south in December. Hope to meet you some time!

Thanks,
Dennis