Composting Toilets for Boats in the UK

Discuss all things about Prouts

Moderators: klaus53123, classicone, Brad, moderators

ChrisH

Composting Toilets for Boats in the UK

Post by ChrisH »

Following on from Classicone's USA composting toilet installed in his boat, I have located a UK supplier of both a Swedish and a USA composting toilet which I thought might be of interest to those wanting an alternative to the usual flushing toilet and holding tank.

Kernowrat - a company in, surprise surprise, Cornwall (for those not of the UK, Cornwall is known as Kernow in Cornwall to the Cornish) in Saltash - is contactable on 01752852204, or visit www.kernowrat.co.uk They seem to do a lot of other stuff as well as composting khazi's

The Swedish model is 585.00GBP inc. VAT plus 13.81 delivery, whilst the USA model is 575.00GBP inc VAT and delivery. You pays your money and takes your choice! Considering the alternative cost of a new conventional toilet, plus Blakes seacocks and the proper hose, the composting toilets seem a fairly competitive green option if starting from scratch or doing upgrading/renewal work, and with no chance of pollution, surely a bonus.

Hope this helps someone wanting to go 'green' on their boat.
Dixie

Re: Composting Toilets for Boats in the UK

Post by Dixie »

Hi,

S H I T Does it mean "Ship High In Transit" from the days of leaky wooden ships that carried dried manure. Ingress of water onto the dried manure created methane gas. Entering the hold with an oil lamp was a considerable hazard! By loading the dried manure above other goods and attempting to keep the manure dry the risk was somewhat dimished, or is it all just a load of bull****? No I don't want a composting loo for Christmas.
Dixie