old Prout installed items

Discuss all things about Prouts

Moderators: klaus53123, classicone, Brad, moderators

classicone

old Prout installed items

Post by classicone »

Have been trying to assemble what is factory and what is aftermarket on our Prout Quest. Also, what instrumentation have you replaced or newly installed?

Anyone keep their old instruments? I have Stowe Nav 2 and have been attempting to accumulate spares. Anyone doing the same?

Anyone with manuals? I have been able to locate Bukh 20hp workshop and parts manuals in pdf form if someone needs them.

Terry
captfolly

Post by captfolly »

hey Terry...we have the electrical panel off of our snowgoose if you need it...

some of the letters are smudged from prior cleaning...we replaced with new panels...also have a lot of the old cetrek autopilot parts...we are keeping the hydraulic pump, hoping to cobble together an autopilot from some raymarine and autohelm parts...

pay shipping or come get them and they are yours... :D

George & Doris
Quester

Stowe etc.

Post by Quester »

My Quest 33CS still has Stowe depth, wind and Nav log instruments. I have replaced two out of three (wind and depth) with spares picked up in the Boat Jumbles.

Have added tachometer, engine hours and ameter from Faria and most recently a Clipper battery monitor. Just picked up a new Yanmar control panel (Beaulieu Boat Jumble) as my ignition switch was broken and the start button is dodgy.

I have manuals for all the instruments and most other original kit on my cat but no spares however I could photo odd pages of anything that you are desparate for. Just send me a PM.
Prout Quest 33CS 1986
cskins

Post by cskins »

CaptFolly,
Do you have the rudder position sensor from your old cetrek?
My cetrek is our spare but I wouldn't mind getting a spare rudder sensor
Paul
Ascension 1986 snowgoose hull 219
captfolly

Post by captfolly »

hey Paul..

I think the rudder sensor is still in the pile of stuff back at the house...I will check on it when we get back to charleston...right now we are in wash, dc and it will probably be a month before we are back in charleston...I'll check to see what other cetrek stuff there is also..

fair winds,

George
cskins

Post by cskins »

Thanks George,
I'll be out of town until then anyway.
Paul
captfolly

Post by captfolly »

hey Paul...

we are back in charleston for a bit...work on the boat, rent the house, sell the car...head south to the keys...

here are some pictures of the rudder sensor...it doesn't look the greatest, but moves freely...if you want it is yours...haven't inventoried the other cetrek stuff...much of it was apparently taken off the boat...

...we are at zip 29412 to see if it is worth shipping...don't know where you are located...

fair winds,

George
cskins

Post by cskins »

George,
It's just like mine only in much better shape. I would be glad to pay for freight. I am in Colorado Why dont we do this by email. I'm at;
hebert@montrose.net. Email me and we will go from there.
Paul
Sailorman

electrical panel

Post by Sailorman »

George,
If you still have your panel and are willing to part with it, I would love to upgrade my 1974 panel. And I am more than happy to pay the UPS charge.
Ed
1974 Snowgoose 34
Classic Cleavage
1974 Prout 34 Snowgoose
captfolly

Post by captfolly »

hey Ed,

stil have the panel, consider it yours...I am packing up some autopilot bits for Paul so will find a box and pack up up the panel for you as well...my email is gshilling@gmail.com if you want to send me an address to ship to...

regards,

George