Molding on Front Top of Escale 39 Hulls

Discuss all things about Prouts

Moderators: klaus53123, classicone, Brad, moderators

skywilliams

Molding on Front Top of Escale 39 Hulls

Post by skywilliams »

Anyone know where I might get replacement molding for the small piece that is located at the top front of each hull. I have one side missing. Pics are attached. It appears to be cast fiberglass or something of the sort. I suspect I’m going to end up removing the one still there and then making something for both sides but thought I’d ask around first. Peace!
Attachments
IMG_1522.jpg
IMG_1522.jpg (28.09 KiB) Viewed 19080 times
IMG_1521.jpg
IMG_1521.jpg (82.68 KiB) Viewed 19080 times
tailrotor

Re: Molding on Front Top of Escale 39 Hulls

Post by tailrotor »

Hi,
It is odd that my Escale has the same issue. Only one of the front rub rail sections is missing. Sorry I do not have a suggestion for replacement. I intend to ask around at the marina if someone has an idea of what an appropriate replacement would be. On my Escale the front piece seems to be the same same as the other section running down the side of the boat. I am hoping a replacement will be available to order. It does look bad to have only one of the front rub rails in place. But as my projects go it was down on the list. I am still working out how to modify the door entrance to prevent movement and gel coat cracking.
tailrotor

Re: Molding on Front Top of Escale 39 Hulls

Post by tailrotor »

Hi,
It is odd that my Escale has the same issue. Only one of the front rub rail sections is missing. Sorry I do not have a suggestion for replacement. I intend to ask around at the marina if someone has an idea of what an appropriate replacement would be. On my Escale the front piece seems to be the same same as the other section running down the side of the boat. I am hoping a replacement will be available to order. It does look bad to have only one of the front rub rails in place. But as my projects go it was down on the list. I am still working out how to modify the door entrance to prevent movement and gel coat cracking.
I saw this Escale photo with an interesting bow modification. Looks like a strong addition.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (71.66 KiB) Viewed 19068 times